Saturday, February 23, 2008

The Box Buster

If you read this boring blog, you may think this is a repeat. I've talked about my Maytag refrigerator in the past. Simply scroll down and read the problems I've had this ice box.

The last time I talked about this piece of crap, I was having problems with the ice maker. Well now that's the least of my worries. Not only do I have a problem with the ice maker but I have a problem with the whole damn box.

Two days ago the refrigerator started making a clicking an buzzing noise. I opened the freezer door and it was HOT inside. My ice cream was white soup and my ice cubes are now water puddles on the kitchen floor. This fridge is only three years old!

Today a repairman stopped by, walked through the door, opened the back of the fridge, poked around for THREE minutes, he closed the back panel and said ''your compressor needs to be replaced, that will cost around $800.,I don't do that kind of repair & that will be $49. For the house call''.

So in five minutes it costed me fifty bucks to be told that my fridge sucks Of course I refused to pay for his horrible advice and he left without incident.

That was the last straw with this junk box. I got on the phone and called Maytag. I let loose on the customer service. I told them the numerous problems I have had with this devil-box. I asked them where the hell is the Maytag repairman. Is he overworked with all the other broken boxes?

Long story short, the maytag repairman is coming to my house on tuesday to repair my fridge. I'll keep you updated since I know you're truly concerned (yeah right).

No comments: